Sunday, May 13, 2012

Reflections on Gardening From A to Z

As the A to Z Challenge for 2012 approached, I thought for sure that I would never be able to come up with another alphabet about gardening. I struggled to get through last year's challenge, finishing it up in May or so. It is the only alphabet I managed to finish last year. Yet once the deadline for signing up hit, I decided to take it on again.

I did fall behind in April, due to illness and being busy. I also had entered 8 blogs into the challenge. Crazy, I know. But I did manage to finish all 26 posts in time for the deadline at 11:59 p.m. on April 30th.

I had fun trying to think up different flowers and plants again. I believe I have exhausted most opportunities for some of those tricky letters, though. I doubt I will do it again next year, at least for this blog.

In addition to inspiring me to start writing about gardening again, this challenge inspired me to whip my yard back into shape again, as well. I look forward to sharing that progress with you over the next several months.

Here is a list of this year's A to Z contributions. I am also including last year's alphabet at the end. Thanks for stopping by!

A is for Azaleas
B is for Beans
C is for Coleus
D is for Dogwood
E is for Echinacea
F is for Forsythia
G is for Gardenia
H is for Hostas
I is for Ivy
 J is for Johnny Jump-Ups
K is for Killing Everything
L is for Lilies
M is for Mums
N is for Nasturtium
O is for Orchid
P is for Peony
Q is for Queen Anne's Lace
R is for Rhododendron
S is for Sunflower
T is for Tickseed
U is for Umbel
V is for Vinca
W is for Wonder
X is for Xanthospermous
Y is for Yard
Z is for Zinnia

Here is last year's alphabet:

A is for Annuals
B is for Bulbs
C is for Crocuses
D is for Daffodils, Dahlias and Daisies
E is for Easter Lily
F is for Ferns
G is for Geranium
H is for Hyacinths
I is for Irises
J is for Japanese Maples
K is for Killing Beetles
L is for Lilacs
M is for Mulch
N is for New Ideas
O is for Organic Gardening
P is for Perennials
Q is for Quarreling
R is for Roses
S is for Snapdragons
T is for Tulips
U is for Upside-Down Tomatoes
V is for Violets
W is for Wisteria
X is for Xeranthemum
Y is for Yarrow
Z is for Zazzle

No comments:

Post a Comment