Thursday, April 14, 2011

G is for Geranium

People traditionally use those red geraniums when they are making pots. You've seen them: tall red flowers with the green spikes and the trailing green ivy. They are quite lively, but for my unique style of gardening, they just don't fly.


I use geraniums on occasion when I am making pots. Usually I use those tall pink ones, instead. It depends on were I am setting up pots, though.


The geraniums that I truly love are the ivy geraniums. They get larger and larger every year and cascade over my rocks. My favorite one is a deep bluish purple, but I have a couple of new ones that are pink, lavender, and magenta. I don't think they will grow quite as big, but they are still pretty. And they are traditionally a hardy perennial on which you can count each year.


This picture shows the blue geranium with my white peony in 2010. I can't wait until they are blooming together!

7 comments:

  1. I've never liked plain old-fashioned red geraniums. I think they remind me of an old lady or something.

    I might like ivy geraniums, though. Sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. I'm so glad I found your blog. I’m stopping by from the A to Z challenge and I look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those soft pink geraniums! There are so many kinds of geranium that there is a choice for everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those blue germaniums have a beautiful color.
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love geraniums! And they come in so many colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geraniums makes for an excellent G posting. It's a pleasure to meet you via the A-Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful pictures. I love flowers! I wish I could spend some time gardening, but that isn't possible when you live in the city. :)
    Great meeting you through the A-Z!

    nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete