Monday, April 4, 2011

C is for Crocuses


Originally, I was planning for this post to be "C is for Clean-Up." I was also planning on working in the yard yesterday. I woke up at 6:45, which is absolutely unheard of for me on the weekends. I did a little A to Z Challenge blog reading and suddenly felt like I was going to keel over. I got back into bed and slept for another four hours. Again, napping is unheard of for me.

Alas, when I woke up, not only could I not find my contacts case, which I had somehow knocked under the bed in my sleep, but also had a raging headache. This is why I do not nap.

I went outside and was happy to see that the sun had encouraged my crocuses to open. Usually I only get a chance to see my crocuses first thing in the morning or when I get home in the evening. The sun is never shining on that bed at those times, so they always seemed to be closed.

So, blind as a bat, and with a raging headache, I grabbed the Droid anyway, and took several pictures. They weren't too shabby for someone who couldn't see!


I haven't yet uploaded all of the pictures from yesterday to my computer. But, I did make a couple of slideshows on Yahoo! Contributor Network of some of them from earlier in the week. Please feel free to visit these following links, as well, as I make a fraction of a penny every time you visit. Stay tuned, as these will eventually also go up on RedGage with some of my other photos, and I will be creating a few more slideshows!

Yellow Crocuses in March 2011


Purple Crocuses in March 2011


Striped Purple Crocuses March 2011

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! (Oops, that's a B word, sorry!)

    I can't remember if I have any crocus in my front perennial bed or not, but I don't think so. I'll have to remember to pick up a few to put in for next year. I LOVE crocus!

    Popping in by way of the A-Z Challenge. I’m blogging at:
    Write, Wrong or Indifferent
    Marie Anne’s Missives
    In the Garden With Sow-n-Sow
    Every Day Crochet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always loved seeing the crocus poke up in early spring. Because we had really long winters in Buffalo. It was a relief to know the end was coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better. If you miss a few days of the Challenge, don't worry - just start with the new day's letter.

    ReplyDelete