Sunday, April 15, 2012

Gardening A to Z: G is for Gardenia

Gardenias are beautiful flowers with an amazing scent. I remember going through a serious gardenia phase in college, where I doused myself in the Bath & Body Works version before going out. Its scent worked better with my chemistry than rose, which is one of my favorite flowers.

But trying to grow gardenia was a different story. I remember finding one at Home Depot or something, in the houseplant section. The home I had at the time was a prime one for growing houseplants, thanks to the positioning of several windows. I figured I had it made.



Alas, either the house was too cold or I couldn't get enough light or too much light or something. After its first round of blooming, the gardenia plant slowly started to die off. Some day I would like to try one again. But I think I had better research it first.

1 comment:

  1. we have no consistent sun and just was outside trying to figure out what I could possibly grow. maybe a few lettuce leaves in a pot.

    ReplyDelete